Glendora >Petrillo's Pizza Restaurant
best newyork pizza, favorite petrillo, big toppings, romantic atmosphere, famous chicago, good service, always friendly servers
Worst service anywhere.
When it comes to food and service, Petrillos is a horrible choice. Slow to be seated, slow to take order, slower to serve food, just plain slow.
The pizza here is more of a fast food type than anything else. Doughy crust, thin sauce, bland cheese, mediocre toppings.
Petrillos is a place to probably skip. Perhaps sometime in the future the owners of this dive will put some caring and work into the business.
last couple of visits....no so good....
Our family is three generations strong of Petrillo's lovers. The last few times we have visited the Glendora location haven't been so good. Our last visit was for Father's Day 2011 - and it wasn't crazy busy so that wasn't a factor in our experience. In fact, there was no more than one group of people waiting when we visited at 5pm. So...
1) Ordered a sampler (wings, zucchini, mozzarella sticks. How is it that one zucchini can be so hot as to burn your lip and another so cold that it seemed like it had been sitting for 30 minutes before it was brought to the table.
2) Asked the waiter 3 times for more bread (8 people they only brought 2 baskets). He kept saying "absolutely", but we never got more bread.
3) Chicken Caesar salad...I advise against it. The chicken was so hot that the salad and the Caesar dressing were too warm. Warm wilted lettuce and warm salad dressing are not the most appetizing. I was going to send the salad back but the waiter never came back and my kids were really hungry, so after about 10 minutes I just let them eat the warm nasty salad. Normally I would have just given them some bread to tide them over until I could get the salad replaced but they never brought us anymore bread!
4) They brought our pizza and didn't bring the Parmesan cheese. Asked the waiter and of course he said "absolutely"....but never came back. Asked a hostess and she rolled her eyes and said she would be right back. Waited 5 minutes and then we finally borrowed the cheese from a neighboring table.
5) Called the manager - Lisa - and she did as expected and said they were very busy. I told her that while they were full, they weren't very busy and there was never more than one party waiting at any time while we were there. She said oh, well from what I understand it got really busy later. Okay, even if it did get 'really' busy later what does that have to do with the poor service we received when it wasn't busy? Also, if you're the manager, why wouldn't you be working on a busy day like Father's Day?
6) Despite the poor service we didn't reduce the waiters tip.
After talking to Lisa I was even more disappointed. She made promises about "getting to the bottom of this" and how the behavior of her staff was unacceptable, but she didn't seem genuinely concerned and never once did she say or suggest that she wanted to make the situation right.
it's okay, but there is new kid on the block!!!. petrillo's, be aware...! i saw a new place cross from the seven eleven that i was shopping at...the name is (baha Pizza)...smal cute, nice people working there. but what is outstanding is the PIZZA..never had anything like it, and the dough is out of this world. in few words.awesome pizza, good service and unbelievable prices, so petrillo's , take a note, cause u will be challenged soon....!
Best pizza, hands down.. If rating is based on taste, this is hands down the best pizza in Southern California (sorry Casa Bianca). We've been going to Petrillos for over 20 years, and yes, once in a while they hire a hostess/waitress that lacks people skills. All I can say is, if friendliness is everything, go find a church picnic to attend. Want the best pizza in the world, Petrillos is the place.
Great pizza, I order to take out when I'm in the area. Have a great "Everything" pizza.
Be careful, their large pizza is huge!
Best Darn Pizza...Period!. Petrillo's is a family owned and family-friendly restaurant that serves up the most delicious pizza ever. Those of you with a large party to serve and who HATE waiting in ANY kind of line should make sure you get there with your ENTIRE party present by 5:30 pm or after 8:00 pm. Since the area is small, several tables need to be put together in the center of the room to seat large parties. They also need the tables to all be available at roughly the same time. I've often seen the take-out line out the door and down the sidewalk on a busy night. They don't normally take reservations but every now and then you might just get lucky (I have!) Homemade food, including incredibly delicious pizza, served up in bountiful portions with a smile. It doesn't get any better than that...unless they start delivering!
NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY. Petrillo's was a family favorite up until about 6 months ago. Last night was the final straw. A family party of 7 arrived, was told it would be a 20-40 minute wait, but because so many parties had left probably sooner. After waiting 45 minutes my husband went to check on the status. At that point we were told it would be at least another 1-1/2 hours before being seated because couples who had left were coming back and being seated instead of those who had waited - and we were told by management in those terms. A place interested in tips from couples not for serving family - 14 thumbs down (for the 7-member party) that will never go to Petrillo's again. NO LONGER FAMILY FRIENDLY!!!
ABSOLUTELY the BEST overall. Petrillo's has been a great family italian restaurant in the San Gabriel Valley for a long time, I ate their often was I was a tennager and just starting out on my own when I lived near the original San Gabriel location. I was excited when they opened a store here near where we live now in Glendora. Their family restaurant atmosphere, helpful freindly staff add to their fabulous tasing pizza. Their crispy they soft tastey dough is amazing. THe sauce and topping are superb quality, cheezy chewing yummy. The spicy flavor of their meats are the best I have ever tasted. I have enjoyed famous Chicago & NewYork pizza, but I still rate Petrillo's right here in my hometown as thee best pizza I have ever ate. Their other italian dishes are great too, but it's their pizza I crave. MMM mmmm !!!!
Worth Coming Home For!!!. Petrillo's Pizza served the best pizza 25 years ago when I was a young child, and they STILL serve the best pizza today!!! I moved out of state in 1992 and my last meal before leaving CA was a Petrillo's pizza. When I came back for a visit last year, I had to have Petrillo's. Unfortunately, the restaurant was closed, but the take out side was open. My kids and I had Petrillo's pizza that day for lunch in the park! It was my kid's first time trying it, and they LOVED IT!!! It's now their favorite. Too bad Petrillo's isn't in Texas!!!
Don't Look any further.
This is the best Pizza, San Gabriel Location on Valley is also just as good as the Glendora location.
The crust is thick and the cheese is to die for! The toppings are big and fresh. You cannot beat it!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!