like place, authentic food, great leftovers taste, awesome shabu, great service, best beebeem, best korean restaurants
The procession of Korean hot pot is awesome. It starts with a soup, then noodles and then a bowl of rice. All so flavorful and wonderful.
Great lunch specials too!. Not only is the shabu shabu awesome, but I just tried their mixed seafood soup (lunch special) and I can't stop thinking about it! The leftovers taste great at home too!
A hidden gem of Los Angeles.
I've been to this place several times now. Hands down, the best place for shabu shabu in LA. They offer so much more than a typical or even upscale Japanese-style shabu shabu restaurant. The style they serve here is more of the traditional Mongolian style, which is the original style developed for the Mongolian soldiers in the 13th century.
The service is great even though they get so insanely busy. If you're a first timer to this place, I seriously recommend you go during an off hour. That way you can take your time to really check out the menu and ask any questions.
1. Far better than any Japanese style shabu shabu place in LA, and I've been to most all in Little Tokyo and the Westside, and yes, even better than Shabu Shabu House in J-town.
2. The vegetables served for the shabu shabu are long cut greens, not awkward pieces of cabbage you see so often. They even have a sign that tells you not to cook the greens too long so you can more of the nutritious goodness :-)
3. The portions are larger than most other shabu shabu places.
4. You get a good assortment of Korean appetizers as a part of the meal.
5. They do NOT offer Kobe beef which is just ridiculous for a shabu shabu place. Kobe steak or burger fine, but for shabu shabu? What's the point?
6. At the end they make a special rice treat for you which is excellent.
1. Can be very crowded during peak eating hours.
2. Not located in the trendiest area.
Get your eat on!
Great Genghis Khan and Nang-myun!. I come here with my family frequently --grandmother lives in K-town-- and with friends who aren't afraid of being the only non-Koreans there. The food is great and authentic, but the service is sub par most of the time unless you know a few Korean words to impress the servers. Their Genghis Khan is under $30 but feeds at least 4 ravenously hungry people. Their Beebeem and Mool Nang-Myun are probably the best in K-town, especially if you like yours well-seasoned/spicy. It's one of the places where non-Koreans seldom drop by because the clientele is mostly Korean, but no need to be intimidated; just be respectful and customary (Korean customary) and all will go well. Parking is valet only unless you find a spot right outside their lot in the residential area.
yummy yummy yummy. My Korean friend took me here. We had to go early before it got crowded. I can see why this place gets packed. It was SO GOOD! Probably the best shabu shabu I've ever had.
Always Busy, Parking lot is full even with a valet service on weekends.. One of the best Korean restaurants in Los Angeles. Parking lot is always full in weekend nights even with valet parking.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Seoul Garden Restaurant on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.