14400 Aviation Boulevard, Hawthorne, CA | Directions 9025033.90178 -118.378699
M-Su 24hr (Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.)
Avoid at All Costs! – Pros:
* Extremely nice front desk staff always smiled and were friendly
* Location close to Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Grocery Shopping, Retail Shops, 405 Freeway
* Free parking
* Rooms are marketed for guests that want to use kitchens but are really designed for business travelers that do not cook or use kitchens
* Position themselves for extended stay but have an office desk with an office chair instead of a kitchen table and dining chair as other extended stay hotels offer
* Rooms are extremely dirty! (have photos)
* Rooms are falling apart - windows do not open, garbage disposals do not work, stoves do not work, bathroom sinks are falling in, closet doors do not open, etc. (have photos)
* Market themselves as offering continental breakfast but it is really a poor and limited breakfast (have photos)
* Gym is old and outdated (have photos)
* Poorly stocked lobby (could never find a pen or paper)
* Printer in lobby was out of service on numerous occasions
* Housekeeping does not do a good job on cleaning or replenishing room supplies such as soap, shampoo, towels and paper products (this forced us to visit the front desk on numerous occasions in order to retrieve the supplies we needed - also when speaking to housekeeping they confirmed that management has "budget issues" and gives them limited supplies!)
* WIFI only in lobby
* Saturday morning wake up call will arrive in the form of the loud lawnmowers outside your window that start at 7:30 am (always!)
* Poor Internet connection in-room
* Incompetent hotel management
* Overall having stayed at two TownePlace Suites hotels, this is a step-sister twice removed from the Marriott hotel brands
* Will make you go through hoops if you are charged incorrectly - I am still waiting on a credit
Also when we tried to work with management, they were not responsive and did not care about the issues. If "management" responds to this posting, we have PDFs as backup documents on how poor our situation was managed when we stayed at the hotel and were communicating our issues to the management staff.
Save your money and shop around.
Homey accommodations attract families, extended-stay visitors and business travelers to this all-suites hotel. – In Short
This Marriott-owned property offers many features that remind travelers of home. Suite sizes include studios, one-bedrooms and two-bedrooms with separate living and sleeping areas and work spaces. All rooms include a fully equipped kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, stovetop, oven, coffeemaker, eating utensils and dishwasher; an on-site laundry facility; cable TV, iron and ironing board; and personalized voice mail. An exercise room and outdoor pool provide relaxation.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of TownePlace Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.